What’s New at the Woodland Park and Nature Preserve
There are no scheduled events at this time. Please come back soon, or like our Facebook page to learn about future events!
On June 15, 2014, numerous volunteers came out to the Park to help clean it up and get the Park ready for summer fun!
Woodland Park and Nature Preserve had an exciting year in 2010. The Park was the recipient of the 2010 Keep Michigan Beautiful President’s Plaque Award, the state’s highest honor, and the Battle Creek City Commission Certificate of Appreciation Award Plaque.
On Saturday, April 24, 2010, the Woodland Park and Nature Preserve Foundation Committee hosted a Salute to W.K. Kellogg. The event was free to the public and included activities throughout the day to promote W.K. Kellogg’s philosophy of healthy living and healthy community. Activities included:
- Meditation Walks, lead by Becky Porter
- Guided nature Walks, lead by Brett Myers and Sue Anderson
- Informative Bird Walks, lead by Josh Haas
- Fitness Hikes and self-guided hikes with pedometers provided by Battle Creek Health System.
- Geo-Caching and Scavenger Hunting
- History of Woodland Park and Nature Preserve, a photo exhibit with resource persons available for discussing the Park
- Care-A-Van on location for blood pressure, blood sugar and lung capacity screenings, courtesy of Senior Health Partners, Battle Creek Health System